Better Broadband Subsidy Scheme with Highland Wireless
Highland Wireless support the Better Broadband Subsidy Scheme.
The Better Broadband Subsidy Scheme has been developed by the UK government to provide access to a subsidised broadband installation to homes and businesses that are unable to access a broadband service with a download speed of at least 2Mbps per second and who will not benefit from the superfast broadband rollout.
If you currently experience poor broadband speeds or are unable to obtain an affordable broadband service at all, the scheme will provide you with aceess to a basic broadband service that will offer speeds of at least 2Mbps (or up to 50Mbps if you order your service with us!).
How does the Better Broadband Subsidy Scheme Work?
The Better Broadband Subsidy Scheme will ensure that no household or business will need to pay more than £400 to access a basic broadband service over a 12 month period.
Households and businesses that are eligible to take advantage of the Scheme will be provided with a unique code that will cover most of the cost of the installation (all bar £40 for us).
Households and businesses will be required to enter into a contract for a minimum of 12 months, pay the £40 installation cost and the monthly charge for the broadband service.
Which households and businesses are eligible to take advantage of the Scheme?
Households and businesses can take advantage of the Scheme if they meet the following criteria:
- Your home or business is not currently able to access a broadband download speed of at least 2Mbps per second.
- There are no alternative affordable broadband services available to you, which would provide a download speed of at least 2Mbps.
- There are no plans to provide superfast broadband to your location within 6 to 12 months of your application.
How do I apply for the Better Broadband Subsidy Scheme?
If your household or business is eligible under the Scheme and you have decided you would like to take advantage of the scheme, simply enter your postcode and complete the simple online application form at http://basicbroadbandchecker.culture.gov.uk
You will then be asked to provide:
- Your postal address, including your postcode.
- The main telephone number of your address, if there is on available.
- Your name and contact details, including mobile number and email address.
If your application is successful you will be emailed a unique eligibility code, which you can then give to us to link to your order.